- Full Description
No comics publisher has had a greater impact — or generated more controversy — than the immensely influential EC Comics. The second and concluding volume of conversations with the creators Bill Gaines, Al Feldstein, Harvey Kurtzman, Alex Toth, Marie Severin, George Evans, Jack Kamen, Krigstein and others! The Comics Journal’s definitive interviews also include several never-before-published sessions, including a new one with Jack Davis conducted by Gary Groth. Oversized with lots of artwork.
• Publisher Bill Gaines on the origins of the company and his terrifying grilling before the Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency.
• Editor/writer/artist Al Feldstein on introducing serious science fiction to comics and his interactions with Ray Bradbury.
• Harvey Kurtzman on bringing realism to war comics with Frontline Combat and subversive satire to humor comics with Mad.
• The master of chiaroscuro, Alex Toth, on the aesthetic values that guided him through a career that included drawing for EC and animating Jonny Quest.
• Colorist Marie Severin on the atmosphere of pranks and anarchy that dominated the EC bullpen.
Plus, career-spanning interviews with George Evans and Jack Kamen, rare Q&A sessions with formal experimenter Bernard Krigstein and EC writer Colin Dawkins, and a conversation between Jack Davis and award-winning alternative cartoonist Jim Woodring.
- Additional Information
Item Code CJL10 Publisher Fantagraphics Publish Date 2016 ISBN 9781606999455 Binding Soft Cover Dimensions 10x12 # Pages 280pg Color b&w